Welcome to my blog...

I hope you enjoy reading my blog and checking out photos of my jewelry / wearable art. 
Please keep checking back as you may find something even more amazing next time!  


Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pleiades Star Cluster Penants





I was recently inspired by numerous elements pointing me into the direction of star clusters. Feeling more creative and serene during the evenings I often find myself walking along the streets of New York City staring up at the sparkling stars and the glowing moon.

The first of the series is the enchanting Pleiades star cluster also known as M45, or the Seven Sisters (of Atlantis). If you are interested in learning more about the Pleiades I highly recommend doing a google/youtube search. Also Shirley MacLaine's new book 'Sage-ing While Aging' is a very interesting and informative book on this topic as well as many others.

I plan on having at least two more star clusters with this series, which includes Orion's belt and also Sirius. This sound happen within the next week or two so check back for updates.

The photos above are the process for making the pendants, 3 of them are brass (golds), 1 is copper (pink/oranges), and also titanium is used (blue/purples). I plan to buy long thin chains for each pendant in a different range of colors. Each chain & pendant can be mixed and matched per the customer's choice.

No comments: