Welcome to my blog...

I hope you enjoy reading my blog and checking out photos of my jewelry / wearable art. 
Please keep checking back as you may find something even more amazing next time!  


Sunday, March 22, 2009

Titanium Guitar Pick Necklace custom for Bailey




This was a custom piece for Bailey where he specified that he wanted to have a Titanium Guitar Pick on a black leather cord. As Titanium cannot be soldered I chose to use Silver for the hoops where the cord would be threaded through. The reasoning behind this was because I have discovered a technique where Silver can be colored very similar to Titanium. This worked out wonderfully as the two completely different metals appear to be very similar. 

Is it becoming obvious with my obsession of different ways to create textures and colors to numerous metals? It is definitely my favorite part, because you never know what you will get exactly and even if you try to do the same technique to a similar piece it will very rarely ever look the same. Call me a nerd but it's quite exciting!! Ha ha.  ;)

No comments: