Welcome to my blog...

I hope you enjoy reading my blog and checking out photos of my jewelry / wearable art. 
Please keep checking back as you may find something even more amazing next time!  


Thursday, October 9, 2008

Double Terminated Crystal pendant




This double terminated crystal is one of the most beautiful crystals I have ever seen, so I knew that I would have to incorporate this into a piece of jewelry. Since I wanted to crystal to be the main focal point I decided that I needed to keep the design very simple and this 'crystal floating inside an oval idea' came into mind. 
Initially I was going to have the silver arm-like piece extend from left to right because I didn't think it would hold the crystal any other way very securely... but I was wrong. This piece is very sturdy and I am quite impressed with the outcome... and another plus is that I have noticed that when I wear this piece the crystal flips from the front view to  the back view which you can tell the difference by the way the crystal is wrapped by the silver arm-like piece. (the bottom pict is the back view)

Honestly for me this piece is very intense to wear, I am guessing it is because the crystal is so large and may not be intended to wear all day... but I do notice that a lot happens to me during the day (good and somewhat bad). I think this is a crystal that you just have to develop a relationship with and slowly introduce yourself to it so it won't be so overwhelming while wearing.

A little insight to my company name was that I was initially going to call it 'Modern Texture' because as I am sure you will notice, I love to use simple geometric shapes but also using a lot of texture in my pieces whether it be from the stones used or from the way the silver is textured/finished. 

No comments: