Welcome to my blog...

I hope you enjoy reading my blog and checking out photos of my jewelry / wearable art. 
Please keep checking back as you may find something even more amazing next time!  


Thursday, October 9, 2008

Lunar Crystal & Azurite Pendant with Titanium




This was a custom piece especially creative for my fantastic mother...
She left the design up to me but just said that she really loved the Triangle Crystal pendant, so I could do whatever I desired for her. 
So my design for her was inspired by many ideas. First of all since she is a mother of two (my brother and myself) I wanted to have two separate elements that when combined make a whole (symbolizing her)... but also I was very inspired to have a lunar shape since she is female... and lastly I wanted the difference between the two sides to be very different for the obvious reason of male and female but also b/c my brother and I are quite different (even though we are both fantastic and awesome! :). 

So the crystals used on the left side are Quartz crystal and Peridot (which is my birth stone)... and for the right side Azurite & mini Double Terminated Crystals are used.

For a touch of beautiful color and a unique look I added a strip of titanium which I colored by torching... hence the beautiful blue. Titanium is an amazing metal to work with because it can give you some amazing colors to add to your piece.

The properties of Peridot are:
~used to bless and energize one's work
~can assist in reestablishing a sense of self-worth
~allows one to move forward on one's evolutionary path
~used to manifest the increase of wealth, increase of health, and increase of job and emotional well-beint.
~allows you to gently expand your ability to receive from the universe

Azurite:
~strengthens the astral and etheric bodies
~seals 'holes' in the aura
~opens one's inner eye to a wide array of connections and possibilities 
~a stone of synthesis whereby the discovery of new commonalities and links between different ideas leads to higher levels of understanding of life and the new world.
~a stone of insight and vision
~great aid to non-judgemental discernment
~allows one to understand the true motives in others as well as oneself
~enhances one's psi powers and helps maintain objectivity and accuracy
~stimulating to the mind and can help with learning, memorizing, writing, etc.

(These descriptions all came from an excellent book called 'The Book of Stones' by Robert Simmons & Naisha Ahsian)

No comments: