Welcome to my blog...

I hope you enjoy reading my blog and checking out photos of my jewelry / wearable art. 
Please keep checking back as you may find something even more amazing next time!  


Thursday, October 9, 2008

Pieces in progress.... shh!!






Thought you all may like to see a few pieces in progress that I am currently working on. Sometimes when I start a piece I know exactly the way I want it to look like, and other times it is just fun to play and see what comes out. I am always surprised at how much I love each end result... well at least most of the time! (minus the guitar string ring! ha ha)

So the first set of images are going to be another geometrically inspired pendant that will either be a square or a diamond shape depending on the angle. The stone used is a chunk of dark Smokey Quartz. I immediately gravitated to this stone in the store b/c of it's dark & sparkly qualities. I haven't come across Smokey Quartz this dark so it will be a lot of fun to work with.

Next up is the Quartz Crystal point pendant that I can't wait for it to be finished! This will be stunning! I still have quite a bit of work left to it but I intend for this piece to have a somewhat 'spiral' look... a kind of intensifier for the crystal. We'll see!

And lastly, these are a pair of cute little Double Terminated crystal points that are uniquely drilled twice, so I am in the process of making them into dainty little earrings, also spirally inspired. The crystals themselves are only about 1/2" wide. I guess you could say that I am not really feeling this design so knowing me it will probably change drastically. But that is a wonderful and exciting thing!
 

No comments: