Welcome to my blog...

I hope you enjoy reading my blog and checking out photos of my jewelry / wearable art. 
Please keep checking back as you may find something even more amazing next time!  


Thursday, October 9, 2008

Vine (fused) ring






An organically inspired, experimental ring... 
This ring started with a more modern feel but for comfort reasons it turned into a more natural ring (as the edges of the back plate were filed/rounded down). A great thing about this ring is that it is what you could call reversible... there is no defined right way to wear the ring. It can be worn like in the pictures but also flipped so the back plate does not show... Does this make sense at all? Sorry I am a visual person as well so it is quite hard to explain! Ha ha.

The pros and cons about working with fused wire is that you will never create the exact same piece. I love it because I feel that in the melting/torching process the wire turns into whatever it wants to be. It takes quite a lot of skill & practice to repeat the same look over and over. But personally I love for each piece to look different, it's much more unique!

No comments: